Understanding how primary children learn<div class="info-container"><p><span class="label label-info">Language level:</span><span class="value">CEFR B1</span></p><p><span class="label label-info">Time:</span><span class="value">3 hours</span></p></div><p>Progress your career in primary teaching. Take this module now to get new insights and renew your approach.</p>
Language level:CEFR B1
Progress your career in primary teaching. Take this module now to get new insights and renew your approach.
By the end of this module, you'll be able to:
- describe how children learn, and more specifically learn languages
- discuss the characteristics of children and the implications for primary classroom practice
- distinguish between extrinsic and intrinsic motivation
- recognise the stages of children's development and how this influences what you can expect of them in the classroom
- revise your approach to primary teaching based on your understanding of how children learn.
Understanding how primary children learn
Unit 1 – Learning theories
Unit 2 – Motivation
Unit 3 – Learner–centred